Selling you house in Florida? That means a home inspection is right around the corner.
Home inspections serve several purposes, most importantly informing the buyer of any damage or defects prior to the final sale.
As the seller, you’ll want to stay ahead of the curve. Let Icon Realty walk you through the basics!
Florida Home Inspection Basics
Professional home inspectors will survey the home’s structure and mechanics. This process is completed during the sale process (although inspectors do NOT advise on the home’s worth or value). Their only goal to provide an unbiased assessment of the house.
During the review, home inspectors will look at and/or for:
- Electrical systems and wiring
- Heating and air condition systems
- Structural issues
- Visible insulation
The whole process usually takes two to four hours (depending on the size of the house).
Home Inspection Tips
Home inspections may be requested by the buyer or seller. If the buyer requests an inspection, it happens after an offer has been made. If the seller requests an inspection, it happens before the home goes on market.
If you’re the seller, be sure to:
- Keep the utilities turned (if you’ve already moved out)
- Make sure the inspector has all necessary keys (e.g., electric panel)
- Clean the attic
- Correct defects (e.g., cracked window pans, missing shingles)
- Make sure there’s an easy path to the HVAC unit, furnace, and/or water heater
Need help selling your home?
That’s what Icon Realty is here for! Give us a call at (321) 297-8960 or complete a quick contact form today!